1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to do with my svt-410hlf?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Parallels, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Parallels

Parallels

Mar 21, 2009
    I currently have the ampeg halfstack of the svt-410hlf and the b-2re. I'm looking for some more punch and lowend. I play heavy, hardcore, and metal. On craigslist there happens to be a few really good deals on an svt15e and svt210HE. What do you guys think would be a better combo if either?

Is adding a 410 and a 210 going to sound just like a 610? Because I hear 610 have really nice tight tones.

Im also thinking about upgrading the head to an svtpro3 or something.

2. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    you need a more powerful head, your cab is just fine;)!!
    that head for a small, at most classic rock venue is just fine , for metal and stuff, for sure it is not, even so, if you are competing with some marshall half stacks. get a a all tube or a svt 4 , at least a svt 3 and you 'll be satisfied ;)

3. palmann

palmann

Sep 3, 2006
    Germany
    AFAIK the SVT3-Pro and the B2-RE do have the same power amplifier.

Gruesse, Pablo

4. DudeWheresMy182

DudeWheresMy182

Jun 23, 2004
    Milwaukee
    id have to say change that head out before the cab. i was in that same situation pretty much. All i did was buy a Sansamp BDDI and it made my tone killer!!! That cab can handle a lot lower frequencies than many other cabs, but once you try something a little bit different with the head, you'll see whats up!

5. Dan the Lorp

Dan the Lorp

Aug 30, 2005
    NW Florida
    I also have the Sans Amp doing the preamp stuff for my B2RE---with my 410HLF. But I understand you can't add another cab to the B2RE due to the Ohmage. If you could, or you upgrade to an SVT-6, 8, or 4---I would go with the Ampeg 118 over the 115. It handles more power and sounds much better with the 410HLF. You are talking SERIOUS low end with that combo!

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    new head that is more powerful will make that 410hlf come alive.

7. Could you not add a power amp to that existing head to achieve more power?

Pre amp out to power amp, and then to cab?

I have that same cab, and am getting that same head, because I tried a friends identical setup and it was pretty nice. I am using a Sansamp RBI and QSC PLX 1602, and thought it (B2RE) had a much Meaner tone.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    As the others have said, the cab is not your problem. The B2's are notoriously underpowered and weak sounding. Push some wattage through that cab and you'll be much happier. An SVT4, 6, or 8 would be perfect.