Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what to do?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by dennison, Jan 9, 2004.

1. I have decided I want an engelhardt EM-1. Here is my problem. I live in alaska and the only dealer in town sells a plywood bass for $2500. SO i was going to order the bass from either musiciansfriend or URBBOB. the bass is 899 at musicians friend and $92 for shipping. At URBBOB the bass is $999 plus $315 for shipping. Is the higher cost worth URBBOB excellent service? WHat would you all do?

dennis

2. I have never bought anything from MF but several folks around here have and they don't speak very highly of their service. I have, however, bought several items from Bob and his assistance and service is unbeatable as far as I am concerned. Still, $300 goes a long way toward the cost of a setup. Sounds like you have a tough decision to make.

3. Gufenov

Gufenov

Jun 8, 2003
    MF's catalog states (right on the order form) that additional charges apply for shipments outside the continental US. I suspect you were quoted the "domestic" rate from MF. I'd be careful to confirm the shipping rates with them by phone - before you get a nasty surprise.

As far as I'm concerned, if you've decided on an EM-1, Bob's the guy to deal with. Any dealer can sell you an instrument, but when things go wrong, you'll appreciate dealing with someone who will bend over backwards to make it right.

4. dvmweb

dvmweb

Apr 20, 2002
    Atlanta MI 49709
    Another vote for Bob. I bought an EM-1 and several accessories from him 2 years ago. Good service and good value.

Walt MI/US