what to do

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Mar 23, 2004.

1. well i guess the old addage comes true everytime, all good things must come to an end. my parents are getting a divorce. :( it wouldnt be so bad if my dad wasn't being a total arse about things. he comes in asking my mom what stuff she wants to keep because he wants to sell the house asap and wants us to move even sooner. well we have no where to go. all this just makes me so very angery that i'm afraid if he says something i dont like i'll take him out. permenately. :mad:
    sorry for the rant fellas just had to tell someone

anyone have any advice for me on the legal side if he injures me etc since i am 18?
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Why do you suspect that he will injure you? Bear in mind as hard as it is for you its probably just as bad if not worse for your parents - you should cut them some slack and stay out of their way until they sort things out.

Besides if you are 18 and dont like the result you can always go and live with the other parent or on your own.
  3. i suspect he may try something because he is very quick to anger. and often results in violence.
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Well if he assults (ie threatens) or batters (ie hits) you, you can press charges with the police. You could also seek a "restraining" order from the courts or sue him for damages in a civil jurisdiction.

My advice, stay low and out of his way - don't do anything to make an already fragile situation worse.
  5. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Whoa dude, that sucks, I'm sorry. From the way you're describing your dad, you guys will most likely be better off away from him in the end. I believe this is sound advice:

6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Also remember that you are 18 so if you make a move to early you could be charged with assult.

Just sit back and let things happen. If he tries to hurt you or your mom then its your responsibility to step up. Anything before that will get you into more trouble than its worth.