1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what to do.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by violatedppl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. I dont want this to be another find me an amp thread but I am in a tough situation here. this is my problem I am using a tmax head through a tvx 412 and the problem lies in when I need the volume to cut through my amp hits its speaker protection compressor so to me it seems like I am getting to the limits of my volume. and this can happen when I am at very moderate levels. now the questions lies in should I sell the tmax to get a more powerful head or use the tmax has a pre for a power amp. this second option almost makes no sense cause my rack already wights 50 lbs just with the tmax add a power and... also if you suggest the power amp set up It would be nice if it could bridge at 4 ohms to be roughly 1,000 watts just for headrooms sake and if I am going to do it right might as well only do it once.

2. I think the answer depends on what your future plans are. I would only get a power amp if you plan on getting a separate preamp later, using the Tmax pre for now.