Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what to do.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by violatedppl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. I dont want this to be another find me an amp thread but I am in a tough situation here. this is my problem I am using a tmax head through a tvx 412 and the problem lies in when I need the volume to cut through my amp hits its speaker protection compressor so to me it seems like I am getting to the limits of my volume. and this can happen when I am at very moderate levels. now the questions lies in should I sell the tmax to get a more powerful head or use the tmax has a pre for a power amp. this second option almost makes no sense cause my rack already wights 50 lbs just with the tmax add a power and... also if you suggest the power amp set up It would be nice if it could bridge at 4 ohms to be roughly 1,000 watts just for headrooms sake and if I am going to do it right might as well only do it once.

2. I think the answer depends on what your future plans are. I would only get a power amp if you plan on getting a separate preamp later, using the Tmax pre for now.