1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what to do

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DubBeats CB, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Ok, i have two main basses, a warwick corvette 6 and a bongo HH. I want to get a five string but i can't decide. Modulus flea bass 5, warwick thumb bo 5 or a stingray 5.

Warwick thumb: I love my corvette and have played the thumb absolutely love the tone and feel.

Stingray 5: so much style and tone for days. I used to own one and regret selling it.

Modulus flea 5: I have always been attracted to the neck and it is like a suped up stingray. Played the 4 version and loved it.

I can't decide between these three. I have played them and i can't decide. I play mostly jazz and funk. For fun i like to slap and get groovy. Any one of these three would be perfect i just can't make up my mind. What do you guys think? :help:

2. Warwickluvr

Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    Well, i would pass on the Thumb. You already have the "Warwick Growl" in your line-up. It prolly wouldn't be worth the money to get the thumb unless you're replaceing the corvette. It may be redundant..... :meh:

Same with the Stringray. I know its a different model with a different sound, but is it worth the money?

I'd go for the Modulus. It brings something different to your arsenal. Plus, you said you really liked the 4.

.....but if you get the Flea, you better get it in Pink or Plum Flake, then post lots of pictures!!!