what to do ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AllodoX, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Right.. i need some advice / opinions here ppl.. only serious stuff plz.

Just like any other person i have dreams.. but for some weird and unexplainable reason, the last few days in every dream i have the same girl pops up.
    In one dream she's my wife.. in another dream she's my girlfriend, in another dream she's just a friend.. then in another dream she's just another friend, but declares that she loves me and has loved me since she met me..

at work i daydream about her.. i even make drawings of her during work/meetings..

i cannot explain it.. i've never met the girl.. what could this mean ? does it mean i'm going to meet a girl soon, become friends with her and after a while she becomes my girlfriend and even later my wife ?

why is there a girl haunting my head, even tho i'm positively sure i've never met her ?
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    My guess is that subconciously you want a woman in your life. Better start saving your money now you wont have any after you are married/co-habiting. Oh and you'd better hide your herb garden.

Dreams are weird, I often dream about spiders and thats supposed to signify good luck. I always dream about spiders before I wake up and go to the toilet, maybe the luck is in the order I do things.
  3. Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    ..the worst part of that kind of dreams is that when youre making out with her or something and then suddenly wake up to go to school/work, you feel kinda ****ed because shes not there anymore.......thats awful....
  4. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    youre in a circle, the more you think about it, the more important it becomes....and the cycle starts again.
    Itll fade eventually tho.

IMHO, i dont think dreams mean anything personally. If i did then my life would be pretty ****ed up with the amount of talking rhinos and flying streetlamps.

5. Like your acid do you mate?
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've had a girl who reccurs in a few of my dreams. I never remember her face (even though I see it in the dream), but she's been in about half a dozen in a year. I remeber how she is built, how she dresses, what color her hair is, and how her face is structured, but can't remember her face.

Usually the dreams are like you're Allo. Does this mean she's the girl of my dreams? Well, technically, I suppose so. I keep wondering if I'm gonna meet her, or if she'll meet me, but in any event, I just take the dreams in stride.
  7. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Well, here's a thought now.

What if, one day, you saw this girl of your dreams (literally) walking down the street towards you? What would you do? Be smitten, indifferent... what exactly?

Hey, a few times I have had situations from dreams come to life!
  8. If it was me, I wouldn't be looking for meaning in it. I might be wondering if it might be prophetic though. My philosophy on things like this is just "Wait and See" but I guess that's not of much use to you :)
  9. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    To me dreams usually represent latent tensions and anxieties in your own mind. Consider that perhaps this girl has nothing to do with a real life girl. Perhaps this girl symbolizes something else, like your job, or your childhood. I mean supposedly if you dream about horses they symbolize sexual frustration. The connection between content and meaning in dreams is not always direct.
  10. That can't be right - I'm sexually frustrated and I've never dreamt about horses!! :D
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

...maybe horses dream about you? :D
  12. Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    That's pretty wierd

See if it continues, because that would freak me out.
  13. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    The key to understanding dreams is remembering that they are deeply symbolic. They very rarely mean what the 'obvious' meaning is.

I also think that the stuff about dreaming about spiders for good luck or whatever is a load of crap. Every person is different, and to each one their dreams mean something completely different. You cant make generalizations like that.
  14. You know what it is, it's GAS.
    All those nice, round curves...
  15. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I agree. You should have Gard help you take care of these dreams. :D
  16. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    When you put it that way it sounds like he's the bass pimp :D
  17. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Well he said he didn't want to be reffered to as a "crack dealer" for bassists. :D