Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What to do !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Welp. I just finally found another G3 on ebay!

It's from the states, but if an international bidder wins, the guy will pay shipping, this looks like a friggin' deal if I ever saw one!!! It looks like I'll be able to pay for customs, too, all by myself. :)

Anyway. The problem. I really wanted my 'dream' bass in a natural finish.. This is black :p.

I guess I could live with it, becuase it REALLY IS!! a deal.. Wha d'ya guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=934974854

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Reread the auction. Shipping will be $30.00 to the lower 48 but I will ship this anywhere in the free world at the winners expense.

That means that YOU pay the shipping charges.

3. *slaps self*:rolleyes:
    I believe that shipping & customs shouldnt be more than £100 my currency - this I can still afford :D

What about the bass !!

Thanks for that tho, embellisher!:D

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just wait it out, these things are always up there.

Peace
    Nick

5. Thing is - I haven't seen one available in Europe for a long time...

But I think I will just wait it out... It'll be worth when I have the coolest and unique bass around, and then I'll be soooooooooo coool! :D

*head explodes* :p

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Personally Id go with a Ripper, but thats just me.

Peace
    Nick

7. I've also considered this, after you gave me help advice on your experiences back in a thread a while ago.

Really, if one pops up, I will be there. :)

8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    These things can and do turn up in the UK. Get in touch with Music Ground (http://www.musicground.com) - they always have rare and unusual stock in and they offer a "find a guitar" service on their website.

Alternatively, get in touch with the Bass Centre. Give them you details and ask them to get in touch if they ever get one in.

I think that when you add shipping, tax and VAT to the eventual price of that bass when the auction finishes, you may well find that's it not such a bargain.

9. David, I went to thak link, thanks. I input my details, submit - then i get an error - "please give your credit card #, expirey, etc" - yet there are no fields!!! :mad:

[edit] Just tried the contac messaging, still doesnt work!!! I tried different email, non hotmail, (my isp) and still nothing !

Gunna give them a call tomorrow...