what to get for an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fclef87, Oct 13, 2004.

1. fclef87

Oct 12, 2004
    I am looking for a amp for a band with an electric guitarist and a drummer i am looking between 200-300$ I found a fender rumble 6o for 229.99 is that a good price and is that enough power for what i need
  2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK

I've no idea if that's a good price for that amp or not - I think you'll have much better luck with your question in the amps forum - I'm going to move this over there...

3. rathervague

Oct 13, 2004

4. That guy is me. I had the 12" version and it really does a great job for an inexpensive amp. Killer transformer and balanced DI, decent preamp and an honest sound. I sold it to my freind who gigs with it in smaller venues. Handwritten serial numbers and the "made in england" sign. No comparison to those entry level fenders, hartke, carvin or behringer combos.

if you can go a little over 500 then i would shoot for the nemises 210 combo.
  5. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Negative on 60 watts. Go for as much wattage you can afford. Bass is much, much different in need for power than is guitar. Get atleast 100 watts for a three piece band for jamming. This would also suffice for live gigs with a PA in a small venue. But, 100 watts is also very limiting. Don't regret spending a few more dollars and getting atleast, what would work almost everywhere. That would be approximately 350 watts minimum. Used on EBAY? Hell yes. You can find great deals on amps there as I have and have not regretted it yet. Good luck. Play loud and play proud, Bassman... ;)
  6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Unfortunately, there are lots of scam artists on eBay, and for that reason I avoid it like the plague. I've seen folks get burned LOTS of times; it is a roll of the dice. :meh:

If you're going to buy used, it's far better to be able to audition it first. I wouldn't buy a used car without giving it a test drive....