what to get!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ashton, Jul 6, 2001.

1. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    i need help, i dont know sh!t all about amps and heads so please someone help me.
    Q1. is 2 heads better than one(this one makes me laugh,hehe)
    Q2. what is the cheapest one with best quality(sounds stupid but in english "i dont wanna spend more than $2000AU($1000USD)"
  2. Hello Ashton.

I'm not really certain how it's possible to help with this unless you narrow-down your priorities a bit; from a sound pointof view, that is.

Do you fancy tubes or solid state: need (say) just 100 Watts or a Kilowatt or more: do you need something portable or not: etc?

Thing is, choosing an amp is as subjective as choosing a bass: well, I think it is.

Given the choice I'd have an Orange stack. Quite like Trace Elliot, too. (Just found out that TE make Orange gear!).

Please give us more details.:D

Rockin John
  3. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    told ya i dont know anything about them.
    well id like it to be "not so hard" to carry around.
    somethin on wheels would go good? if them make em. im not sure about watts but something that can play a decent sized gig and cut through the crack and babble of the guitar and drums. if you are an expert at this mabey something that can sound good with other bassist around cause im starting a band with not one bassist not 2 bassists but 3 bassists.