Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What to learn...!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Continuum

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Black Market

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. other?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ok, so i've narrowed it down to two pieces;

Black Market or Continuum

choose for me which you think I should take a bite at now!

.. all the in the spirit of sheer boredom!! :)

2. Learn to capitalize your "I"'s. :p Other then that, I can't help. Why am I posting this ? I don't know. Perhaps I am bored....

3. I don't know about those two but I like "Portrait of Tracy". Shouldn't take you too long, though.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    black market is pretty frecken easy, it would take about a day to "learn"

why not go for the piece that would take a lot longer to learn, and therefore cure more boredom.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    What, you're only going to learn one tune and play it the rest of your life?

Learn both.

6. was talking about right now, BB.

And the whole reason of learning a new one, is becuase I FINISHED PoT!!!

Oh happpeeeee day! :):)

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Lots of good things to learn in portrait, heck half of the harmonics in it I didn't even know existed!

PS, playing it correctly is a little tough, pronouncing all the harmonics, especially when there are 2 at once is a bit tricky. For every 1 guy I've heard that actually plays it correct, there are 20 who don't, singling out the dominant harmonics.

8. I think Continum would be the funnest to play,and it sounds like elevator music. So learn that. And when you're done...learn Black Market:D

Good luck man.

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    "Black Market" is a groove...unless you're one of those George Costanza-anal retentive guys who has to have ever note "just like the record"-
    IMO, that's bogus. I would bet the farm that Alphonso/Jaco never played it the same way twice.

"Continuum" is more of a composed piece.

I guess "elevator music" has gotten better since I was young...