1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to pair up with a Moogfooger MF 101

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by r05c03, Feb 21, 2008.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    I just picked up a MF 101 for use in my studio and bass rig. We just lost one of two keyboarders in my band and I need to pick up some slack for the loss of one of the Synths. I am think about what I can pair with the MF 101 to get some really synthy tones. Now I have played around a little bit and I have found that octave fuzz units and ring modulators get me the closest to what I am looking for. Also, I have a EH miniPOG on the way and I am hoping that fills in the synthy-ness a bit. At any rate suggestions appreciated.

As an aside, I have a Digitech Bass Synth Wah, but it is of little use as it is too over the top most of the time and even with the sensitivity down all the way I trigger the F'n'ing envelop with my Stingray....

2. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    Well, the obvious answer is more Moogerfoogers. The Freqbox is the most awesome fuzz I've ever used, and the Ring Modulator is quite awesomely crazy. I've yet to try my Foogers together though.
    Other than that, I've found that the settings I like most with the LPF sound like crap with a fuzz running into it, and the settings where it sounds good with a fuzz sound like crap without it. Haven't tried running the LPF into a fuzz. So in other words, invest in a couple expression pedals.