What to pay for a Warmoth assembly?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Apr 24, 2005.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What should I expect to pay for putting together a Warmoth bass. Not the parts, just the harder things like mounting neck to body and cuttin/filing nut.
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Compile a list of all the separate services:
    (all currencies are CAD -- go to www.xe.com/ucc to convert)
    File + radius nut - $20
    If it's a Badass II bridge, $20 for the filing of the saddles
    Intonation and action (including all bridge and neck adjustments) - $30
    Fret dressing and levelling - $50
    All wiring - probably in the range of $30-80 depending on the complexity of the electronics (passive vs. active OBP-3 with custom layout, etc.)

That's not all, but it's a start. It'll sure pile up. Your best bet is to go with Nino on this board to build you a Valenti. The man's a wizard, I swear, and his prices are awesome.
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Some of it will depend on what hardware/electronics you're going to be using. If you want an active setup then the installation gets more expensive. Passive is cheaper to install. BA II bridges require filing on the saddles and vintage style Fender or Hipshot bridges do not. Just screw'em on.

As to screwing the neck to the body, USACG (www.usacustomguitars.com) will drill the holes for you thereby making that situation easier. Warmoth only pre-drills neck/body screw holes on their Gecko series. USA and, I believe, Warmoth, will drill the holes for bridge installation for you so all you have to do is screw it on.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats pretty cool that their starting to drill holes for things like that before they ship.
  5. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks guys. Im only trying to see what I will end up paying. The electronics I can mount and wire myself. It´s mostly the neck mounting, nut and intonation that I need help with. It will probably have a hipshot bridge so no filing required there.
    And Nino is not an option for me as I live in Sweden but his basses do look awsome.
  6. Warmoth will slot the nut for you, or you could use a preslotted one from a company like Tusq. If you need to make the slotes deeper, you can file them down using the appropriate size bass string.