1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to put press pack together with?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I've got a cover sheet, bio, etc. etc. on 4 sheets of standard paper per press pack. What can I use to put these together so I won't just be handing over loose sheets of paper? any suggestions?

2. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    I'd suggest a cheap paper folder with a nifty band sticker on the front. If you have some money, you can have somebody print up some custom jobbies with a band logo embossed on the folder, but all that's really necessary is something to keep everything together. You can also slide a demo in there, plus a business card or two. I like to cut a little slot in the folder flap for the business card to sit in. Good stuff.

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Thanks! I just wasn't sure a folder would look professional enough. Should I just paper clip the papers together?

4. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Don't worry about making a "standard" kit. What you want its a kit that fits your target audience. Sounds like you are on a good start. My initial thought is that is too much paper. Most people that read these read a lot of them, so keep it short, complete, and to the point. I would say a GOOD black and white band full sized band photo, a one sheet bio, a business card, and a three song demo that is a cross section of your music. Make sure your demo is labelled with contact information and track listings. Put it all in a folder with band sticker and you are set.

Make sure your bio lists your music genre (don't say all styles or unique, put a description), venues played, bands that your band has played with, and maybe a few quotes from industry people.