What to use as a monitor

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by trovan, Apr 15, 2001.

1. trovan

Apr 15, 2001
    I play in my church and we are getting a new sound system. I plan on plugging into the system via a direct box. I suspect that I won't be able to hear myself very well and would like some sort of monitor. What should I use as a monitor? I have an Ampeg B100R amp, but I really don't want to hall it back and forth twice a week. I am looking for something smaller.
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Buy another B100r its a stunning amp or just lug it to church.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    you need the specs on the sound system. Most have monitor outs that you can plug a small tilt back speaker into. Get the specs off it, take them to your local audio dealer and tell them what you need. They should be able to set up with a cheap speaker that should fit the bill.
  4. Buy a Ampeg B-50R for home use. They sound incredible. I have one at home I use for practice and a Carvin RL610 at church.
  5. trovan

Apr 15, 2001
    Thanks to those who responded. I ended up buying a Hartke kickback 10 which I believe makes a great monitor as well as a great practice amp.