What to use to boost my IOD...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Nov 24, 2002.

1. I think this goes in amps, if not i apologize to the mods.

I'm gonna be using a RMX1450 to power a Berg 1x15 (a 2x10 to be added later) But the preamp i really like is the IOD. I'm wondering what could i put between the IOD and the RMX to boost the signal enough to drive the RMX fully(and actually get good use use out of, like compression). A list of things would be cool or a certain feature that the unit needs would be good info as well.

Thanks for the help:D
  2. Use a Rane equalizer. Cheap and plentiful on eBay all the time. Very high quality product, and far more control (1/3 octave) than the 3 IOD controls.
  3. I don't know about you, but 250+ bucks isn't cheap to me!! :p :D

If you had to buy either the equalizer or the IOD first which would it be? (if you already had the poweramp and the cab of course)
  4. The Rane ME30B averages $150 on eBay.

An EQ without the preamp is useless. Get the preamp first, then add the EQ when you need the extra boost, or have the money.
  5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I would consider a compressor, since you can always use one anyway.
  6. That's a good suggestion also. My Rane DC22 compressor puts out much more than unity gain.
  7. alright cool, i'll go for the compressor cause i'll need one anyway. i'll add an EQ later if i feel i need it. Thanks for the help guys :)