1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to Wear at a Colder Outside Gig?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    wow i need to start reading to the ends of threads
    hopefully someone finds this ina search and my advice isn't in vain...

congrats on being booked to come back!!!

2. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Actually, there was a big study recently on the whole "you lose more heat from your head" thing and it was determined that it's completely inaccurate. The only accuracy to the statement is that people often don't cover there head and thus they ARE losing more heat from there simply because it's uncovered. The tested many different body parts and found no notable differences in heat loss between any single part of the body.

IOW: If the norm in our culture was to walk around in the cold with only their knees uncovered, the "prevailing wisdom" would be if you're cold... cover up your knees, and it would be a useful bit of advice "because you lose most of your body heat out of your knees!"

just an interesting tidbit I picked up awhile back, not trying to be a naysayer or whatever.

3. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Had a super-chilly gig a few years back, and the guitarist wore one of those one-piece/overalls for cold weather, in Army olive-drab, with a black toque and black fingerless gloves. She looked like a tiny, blonde commando. Not a bad look for rock-n-roll, although it would have been way cooler-lookin' on a guy.

She was warm though!

Cherie :)

4. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    That is one statement that should not exist, for it has never once in the entire history of words actually been true.

:)

5. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Welllllllllll...you had to be there, I guess. She's just soooo teen-niney. That jumpsuit swallowed her right up! But the rest of us froze our buns off while she stayed nice and toasty.

Watch "Prey For Rock & Roll" and have a good look at the character named Faith. Then take and shrink her down all over to about 5' tall. That's Bethie. Teeny-tiney lil gal! Now picture her in an insulated jumpsuit two sizes too big 'cause they just don't make 'em small enough...

Teeny-Tiney Double-Insulated Commando Girl! LOL!

Cherie :)

6. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    She looks like a tiny Gina Gershon!? My statement most certainly stands.

7. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    No, not Gina. Bethie looks like the blonde who played Faith, the lesbian guitarist who was involved with the drummer. You know, the chick that got hit by the car trying to get her guitar back from the theives?

I have hair like Gina Gershon, but the resemblance ends there. LOL!

Cherie