Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What to wear in my blues rock cover band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Oct 17, 2002.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I've not thought much about my clothes when we perform in our blues rock cover band... I tend to dress according to what I believe the place and the audience will be like, but I think we should think about building an image. We mainly play covers of songs by people like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Johnny Winter, Walter Trout, Clapton, Rolling Stones, and all the old bluesmen (B.B King etc). It's more rock than blues really, maybe a touch of Texas blues.

What should I wear?

:cool: (Apart from the shades, that is). :cool:

Any images of stylish players would be appreciated.

2. Black. :cool:

And a narrow brim fedora... ;) :D

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I wear black jeans and a black t-shirt. If I want to dress it up a bit then I just throw a black suit jacket on top. See avatar at left

4. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Don't forget the black boots!

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    yep, that would be Triblack;) . Ooooh and don't forget the black car. Like an old LTD or something

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I would go for a nice button up shirt. Maybe silk, or with some cool designs on it.

Personally, I think more bands/musicians should dress up for gigs. You are being a performer, looking the part should be part of the deal IMHO.

7. Jeans, boots, untucked button up silk shirt. Yeah baby!

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    OK, so the general concensus seems to be "Blues-Brothers-Look-A-Like". :)

Black it is then! :cool:

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Jeans, Black Lugs,Black untucked button down shirt, sometimes a SRV or Derby hat.