What To Wear & Not To Wear To Your Gig!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bassist_Ben, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Hey everyone,

The most important thing not to wear is a white top to your gig! The sweat is disgusting i went to a gig at a local pub and the guy was sweating soo much and it was so noticable. Please add on some more!
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Let it be known that the white top thing is only for guys. You chicks keep on wearing white tops and sweat through them!
  3. heheh ahmen, go chicks, go ahead wear white tops!
  4. Wait a minute guys. If girls wear white tops and sweat well be able to see through...

never mind.
  5. Yeah there's only one problerm that makes them really unatractive: if a girl sweats enough to drench through a white shirt, do you really wanna? well...nevermind...
  6. Yes! Emphatically, yes.
  7. wow. how did THAT ^ happen?
  8. Yeh. Crazy. Unless he deleted it and then re-posted it. Crazy.
  9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Clearly we've flown the Enterprise into another time loop, guys.
  10. I hate it when that happens.
  11. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    White shoes are very bad too. I made the mistake of wearing some white shoes once and when I saw the video of myself I wanted to cry, I looked so 80's.
  12. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Normally for me some jeans,a polo shirt of some kind possibly with a long sleeve T shirt under it and some Vans or something.
  13. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Cargo trousers, t-shirt, my "gig shirt" with all the crazy patches on it. Just be cool, you're the bass player, it's your job. Sometimes I'll go without anything on the top, when we do that, we all do that as a band, I guess it's just like the RHCP, sometimes you wanna let it all go. We would never go as far as the socks only stuff that RHCP used to do though.
  14. [B]Maybe you guys should wear some white linen trousers and no undies, then we can see what's goin on lol][/B]
  15. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
    wow, ive never heard of such bad foot sweat
  16. Oh yeah. It happens. One time I was playing at a show and a guy came up in the audience and told me that my shoes were leaking.
  17. :D
  18. jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    There is no dress code for Rock and Roll
  19. jeans, a tshirt...and some pumas...
  20. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    With the last band I was in, we all wore black suites. It gave us a really professional look and was fitting to the R&B/Soul-Jazz music we were playing. I made us recognizable at clubs and allowed us access to more upscale gigs.

For the current band I'm in we all wear vintage 70's disco outfits. We play old funk and disco tunes. I've got a sweet white polyester leisure suit, white shoes, a white hat and a bunch of cheap gold jewelry. I have to get a picture to post in this thread. It is hysterical.