1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What tool to adjust my RockBass Streamer LX5 truss rod?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TLBass, Mar 22, 2017.

1. TLBass

TLBass

Nov 27, 2016
    Hello.
    I purchased this bass a couple of months back. The strings buzz quite a lot, and it seems that the neck lacks relief (Warwick say on their video you should be able to easily slide two business cards between the lowest string and the 7th fret when fretting at both ends of the fretboard). On their video they use the "Warwick truss rod adjustment key", which I didn't receive with my purchase from the store. I saw someone write it should come with all Warwick basses, so I don't know whether I should have been given one but wasn't or that RockBass basses just don't come with the key included.

Apart from the question about not having the key included, my question is whether I can use another kind of key to adjust it? They mentioned 5mm allen on that thread, but I simply cannot see how the socket looks.Either way, I assume a regular allen shape would be quite difficult to use here.

Thanks in advance.