1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What tune goes between...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassteban, May 20, 2011.

1. *Love me two times* & *Roadhouse Blues*? I proposed these tunes to my covers band, w/SOMETHING I can't recall sandwiched between, in a medley form(w/no response of course- I'm the bass player :rolleyes: ).
    It would just about have to be in 3/4 or 6/8, jumpy/shuffly/swingin blues, could be another Doors number... what was I thinking?!? To clarify- I'm not asking for suggestions- rather soliciting help remembering a specific tune. Feel free to ridicule as well. :)

2. Who said that there had to be any other tune in between? They both segue nicely by themselves.

3. No one- and they do, it's just that I had a specific song in mind & totally spaced it. You can't remember what I was thinking? ;) Me neither...

4. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    People Are Strange?

(The song, not a social comment. OK, it is ALSO a social comment...)

5. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Since I can't actually help you in any real constructive way, how 'bout "This Is the End"? I'm a big fan of such incongruities. Probably clear the dance floor, though...

6. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    Break on Through.

7. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Something medium tempo as you come off the bouncy, almost 50's, groove of "Two Times"..

So straight ahead 4 Rock tune, a bit slower in tempo than previous and faster than Roadhouse. What do you know in that range?

Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, heck, Cinnamon Girl.

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999

I agree with that.
    ...you can easily hear it!