1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Tuner do the Pros use?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassman314, May 7, 2006.

1. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm one of those types who dives into any hobbie 100%. I like to learn everything there is to know and do as much as I can by myself.

I've been noticing my bass's intonation is off... not horribly off.. but enought hat it is semi-noticeable. Unfortunately, neither of the tuners (BOSS TU-2 and Korg GT-7) I use are nearly accurate enough for me to get a solid reading on the intonation and adjust it properly.

So I am wondering what the pros here use for adjusting intonation. I'm considering building a small 'workshop' for doing set-up, simple repairs, and such, so I'm looking at soemthing I'd buy for the long term.

2. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    As far as I know Peterson Strobes are the standard of excellence.

Anything with "strobe" in it works. The grandaddy Korg rack tuner for example is FAR more accurate in strobe mode than either cents or hertz mode.

3. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Peterson.

4. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    There's no question here. There is no doubt.

The correct answer is-- Korg rack tuners. Take your pick among them, but Korg rack tuners is the correct answer.

:D