1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Tuner should i get

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NDbassist, Apr 23, 2005.

1. NDbassist

NDbassist

Apr 17, 2005
    I have a bassman 400 head, and i have an extra rack space. I am leaning towards a tuner (korg probably) but just seeing if you have any suggestions, or what type of tuner... stuff like that

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

So you want a rack tuner?

3. You'd never guess, that with such an obscure topic, that something like this has been covered before. A search for tuners would boggle your mind.

If you're looking at a pedal tuner, the Boss TU-2 rules.

If you're looking at a not pedal tuner, and not a rack tuner, the Boss TU-12 is a good choice.

If you're looking at a rack tuner, I'll say I'm a little less than fond about my Kork DTR-1000. It seems to be "too accurate." In other words, you spend a lot of time bouncing around flat and sharp of the "on" light.

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I've been really happy with my Sabine RT-7000. I've only had one issue with it, I posted awhile back about somthing else I thought was wrong with it, but it was just my own stupidity.

5. I ordered a Sabine RT7100. When it gets here, I'll give a report.

6. My RT7100 came in and I really like it. I use strobe mode and tuning up the first time took all of 1 minute. It locks onto the note quickly and has a very visible display. It's made in the US and has a two year warranty.