Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what type of band should my band be?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by scoat3, Mar 22, 2001.

1. scoat3

scoat3

Mar 20, 2001
    I'm thinking of having a band. What kind of band we should be. I like evverything from Pink Floyd to Deftones.

I can play all right, but I don't know about my other members.

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Uhmm
    With that Background..
    I suggest you form a band of Progressive Regressive Melodic Noise
    :)

3. how about a capella?

4. Is this a question someone else should answer?

5. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Be your own band. Don't worry too much about your influences, or being pidgeon-holed - your "sound" will eventually evolve on it's own. The other members will bring their own playing style and influences to the fold, and time will tell.

Or, failing that, just take the easy route to fame and fortune and form a boy band. ;)

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Polka metal.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree 100%. Except fot the boy band part. I'm not pretty enough so I have to survive on talent.(or lack of LOL):)

8. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    You should start a Grim Reaper tribute band.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    What kind of band do you want to be?

10. punk
    definnatly
    this world needs more fast paced punk bands to eliminate all the rap metal and boy bands

11. you should be a hardcore crazy death metal satan worshipping band, that does the river dance(while playing music), and sings together in fake computerized voices like a boy band. Now that'd be something to see.

12. scoat3

scoat3

Mar 20, 2001
    I don't think so , Fetis. But I like the punk idea, or I'll just let our sound turn into its own.

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think you guys should ONLY[ do Spice Girls and Pet Shop Boys covers.

Will C.:cool:

14. You should play whatever sounds 'right' to you. Whatever is in your ability. Maybe you should write your own stuff then you know you're capable of playing it?

15. sorry, but that really pisses me off. you shouldn't ask for help on deciding what kind of music you should play! what you do is play what you like. your other band members will bring in their own influences and then you'll have your own sound. you get together with an idea of what you want, and then you will all put in your own part. that's what you should do!

16. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Just have a band that plays free bird all night! Well it might not be the best song to start out on because if you havent played very long it might suck ass! Oh well if you play anything these very creative fellows have said tell me when and were and i think we would all come to laughhhh i mean support you!

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    There is only one song ever written that sucks more than "Free Bird" ... "MacArthur Park."

Excuse me a moment, I've got to go throw up.

18. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    There, that's better. I can't believe those words passed through my lips. Whew!

19. i don't know if i agree, both of those songs suck raw eggs but i think "low spark of high heel boys"
    beats both of them.

20. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Perhaps, but it probably didn't get as much air play as those other two abominations.