1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What type of bass is this

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpk3lly, Oct 2, 2013.

1. jpk3lly

jpk3lly

Nov 19, 2009
    Hi guys, I wonder if someone could help me identify this bass. I have been given it by a relative but there is no name on the headstock and I can't find a serial number anywhere, the only identifiable parts are the Kent Armstrong pickups. If anyone could tell me what kind of bass it is I would be moat grateful.

Cheers
    JP

2. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Picture might help

3. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    It's a very rare bass, being developed by NASA, USAF, and Disney Studios called the Stealth Bass.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah without pics it will be kind of hard. At the VERY least a detailed description would help. Just the pickups won't get us very far.

5. Hi.

A lot.

Regards
    Sam

6. It must be an Ampeg plexi bass. That's why you can't see it! :D

7. jpk3lly

jpk3lly

Nov 19, 2009
  8. It's probably someone's one-off project bass. For the life of me, I can't figure out what that divot is for.

9. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    I guess the maker really liked to dig in-it's the opposite of a ramp.

10. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    That's what I was thinking.

If you look at the fingerboard, is really lays down on the body. It looks like they just wanted a little more clearance/room under the strings for whatever reason.

11. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Somebody likes to slap waaaay back from the fretboard?????

12. jpk3lly

jpk3lly

Nov 19, 2009
    Thanks for the help guys, I have been trawling through Google images and there are a few ibanez basses which look similar but nothing with diving.

13. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I think this may actually be right!!