1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What type of fuse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nottswarwick, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Hi all.

    Hope someone can shed some light on a question I have.

    I have a Hartke HA3500. I am looking at geeting a spare fuse to carry (it has not blown, but I like to have spares).

    Problem is, my dealer has no idea what sort I need. The fuse says on it "T4AL". I know this is a 4 amp fuse, and it is a 20mm clear one. What we cannot understand is what the "T" and the "L" mean.

    So,anyone know what I need to get. I can get them from www.studiospares.co.uk but they have either Anti-Surge/Time Delay ones, or quick blow ones.

    Help, which do I need?


  2. Finger Blister

    Finger Blister

    Jul 8, 2003
    T is for Time delay (slow blow)
    -as opposed to Fast acting.