What Vibrato/Vibe?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, Aug 6, 2004.

1. I seem to be having some money coming my way and was thinking about a new pedal (of course).

I'm looking for a vibe/vibrato/tremolo pedal that can be set to a slow speed and not just "warble". Kind of a Daniel Lanois sound for bass...

Not really a chorus or ordinary tremolo sound but more a pitch-vibrato or "3D tremolo" sound is what I'm looking for. Preferrably True bypass and a volume knob to control volume drop...

I'm starting to miss my CE-2 a bit, might try a vibrato mod of one of those. If it goes slow enough...

Anyone tried these:
    Auralux King Trem
    Boss VB-2
    Dubtronics The Vibe
    Carl Martin Tremovibe
    Tmiranda ProVibe
    EH The Worm

...other suggestions?
  2. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Versa Vibe from DLS is DA BOMB!
  3. shinybeast

Apr 1, 2014
    I really like the Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe on bass. Very thick and three-dimensional sounding with excellent bass retention. It's murky and dark; I suspect some of the others on your list might have more articulation if that's what you're going for.
  4. Diamond Vibrato
    True pitch-modulating vibrato, not a tremolo nor phase-shifter Univibe clone.
    Expression pedal jacks for speed and depth, each, so you could hook up two expression pedals and go crazy.
    True bypass
    Volume Knob
    Rate (speed) goes pretty durned slow, but I don't know if it'd be slow enough for your needs.

TerribleLiar23 likes this.
  5. Well hellooo Sweden! ;-)

Don't know if it's the exact sound you're looking for, but a really good Vibe pedal with a rather broad array of different sounds (for a Vibe that is) is the EarthQuaker Devices' The Depths. Definately worth a look/listen!

6. ^ THat's FRICKN COOL!

More pedal companies should be demoing their pedals on bass. (Obvious to us, of course).

Ya hear that pedal makers?
    karla684 likes this.
  7. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    diamond is great - and it is pitch modulator - very different than versa vibe - which is real vibe\vibrato. but it is in my list now!
    TerribleLiar23 likes this.
  8. TerribleLiar23

TerribleLiar23 kill them both Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Everything Diamond makes is awesome. Worth every cent.
  9. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014