What video game(s) are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Im a sock, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Another slow day.... got woke up by some nice loud rap from next door.. so........

I don't usually get excited about video games, but Silent Hill 4 looks like it's going to be awesome (and scary). Final Fantasy XI looks cool too, but I may pick it up for the PC.

So, TB video game fanatics, what are you looking forward to??

Here's the trailer for SH4: http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_silenthill4.html
  2. Im not much of a game person...but i do love playing and cant get enough of the GTA games. (mostly GTA3 and Vice City)
    So i can hardly wait till the new one this spring :)
  3. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I am looking forward to:

NCAA Football 2005
    NCAA Football 2006
    NCAA Football 2007
    NCAA Football 2008
    NCAA Football 2009
    NCAA Football 2010
    NCAA Football 2011
    NCAA Football 2012
    NCAA Football 2013
    NCAA Football 2014

only game i've ever owned.....
  4. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Halo 2
    GTA(5?):San Andreas

and oh yeah......im looking forward to discovering what level 3 looks like in ninja gaiden
  5. Just got BattleField Vietnam but I need the CD Key from my friend, so I'm looking forward to that. Also I have almost acquired Call of Duty. I just got BreakThrough for Medal of Honor Allied Assault and its ok, not as good as MoHAA itself. I too can't wait for the new GTA!
  6. I was looking forward to Battlefield:Vietname which has come out and not let me down. I think Soldner is gonna be sweet, better than battlefield. I don't know much on the console scene, too much PC gaming lately.
  7. All I look forward to these days ARE computer games. I can't stand console games that are First Person Shooters which are what all the games I like are.
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Farcry, but unfortunately my PC is too slow to run it...
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  10. Half Life 2 and Doom 3, mostly. I'm looking forward to playing FarCry as well when I get a beefy box to handle it.

Right now I'm stuck deep in my Quake 3 rut... that's right, Quake 3. :) And playing old games (Quake, Syndicate, TIE Fighter, Dune 2).
  11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Do you think XII will be any good? I loved X, but X-2 has a lot to be desired.
  12. Half-life 2. I'm hoping it will run good on my computer. Gran Turismo 4 and the new grand theft auto
  13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    FarCry looks interesting, I have ut2k4, which I had been looking forward to. The next Splinter Cell looks cool. I keep meaning to pick up the new Defenders of the Crown, which I loved on my old Apple GS. I'll buy the next Madden release, and the next NHL release from EA Sports probably. --They seem to make major jumps every two years (that and the roster gets OLD).
  14. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Well, I was looking forword to GTA, Driv3r, and Metal Gear Solid: snake eater. But my ps2 needs repair and they don't have many ps2 repair shops where I live. That's because they don't exist.
  15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Resident Evil 4 is looking great
  16. Looking forward to:

Metroid Prime 2
    Legend of Zelda: WW2
    Mario 128
    Star Fox 2
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Mario 128? you mean mario sunshine(codename mario 128) which has already been released. Or is there another mario 128 in the works?

The next metroid and Zelda games should be excellent.
  18. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
  19. There's a "new" Mario in the works. This was apparently shown at E3 2002 I think. The demo video showed 128 Paper Marios falling to the floor. Nothing has been seen of this game since. Recently though, Nintendo has been talking about a new mario game that will be more like a true sequel than that POS Sunshine was.
  20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That demo was meant to show the power of the GC. The project 'mario 128' became 'mario sunshine'

granted, there will likely be another mario game before GC runs its course, mario sunshine was the sequel to mario 64.

I thought mario sunshine was a great game, It was a little brighter and more upbeat than mario64, but the gameplay was very similar, and the water jet was fun.