Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What wakes you out of a sound sleep?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 4, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For me its cigarette smoke , it has to be one of the worst things to wake up to smelling. What does it for you?

2. My alarm clock.

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    My daughters. All night last night.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    1) My Rottie letting me know:

He needs to be taken out for a dump
    Someone is in the yard
    Someone is messing with our cars
    Someone is at the front door

2) My wife letting me know that my Rottie is trying to let me know one of the above.

5. Grandkids crying

6. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Meteors crushing my back patio.

or I assume that would wake me up

7. My cat being loud cause he's "hungry"

I can't stand it when my cat is wicked loud for no reason. He'll stand by the staircase, cause the his meow will echo in there and will be louder.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That's funny.. Because mine really doesn't..

9. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Ugh, even when I smoked, waking up to the smell of smoke drifting in from the other room early in the morning was TERRIBLE. I'd often get up, look at my girlfriend, and say "how on EARTH can you smoke this early?!" and storm back to bed.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Nothing...

No really... nothing... i have had like 6 alarm clocks going at once:) and my main alarm (cell phone) is basically under my ear all night plus its sound and vibrate in one... that way its close enough to make me move my arm to turn it off... plus it vibrates my bed so i kinda notice it...

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Bears in the house.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Smokers are funny people... i think quiting was easiest thing i've ever done...

13. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    A hummer. Only happened a "handful" of times in 14 years of marriage, but it wakes me EVERY time, even after only a few hours of sleep after a gig.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You mean like a woody? or a car driving through your house? :/

15. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Quitting (so far *crosses fingers*) has been really easy. I'm two months in now. I guess we'll see.

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Around 7 months for me... one day just randomly stopped... went from 2 packs a day to nothing and i am not even sure why...

17. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I quit for a year once before, but I went back to it. Couldn't tell you why. I wish it were possible for me to smoke just occasionally, socially. But I know that's impossible for me to do.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    hehe:) good luck with that...

Occasional smoke... cigar at poker game?

19. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Back on topic...
    My girlfriends bird can sometimes wake me up bad. It's in the other room, and its great and quiet if it thinks it's alone, but if it hears something that it can't see (like me slapping the alarm clock off) it won't shut up until it figures out what it is. Does the same thing when I come home from work everyday.

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It messes with your stomach that early. I was a pretty heavy smoker for a few years and i could never smoke in the room i was just about to sleep in.