1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What was Kelly Clarkson's bassist playing on SNL?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gjbassist, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Did anyone see Saturday Night Live last night? On Kelly Clarkson's second song her bassist was playing a black bass that I have never seen before. I got a glimpse of the headstock but it couldn't make it out. Anyone know what it was?

2. rooted

rooted

Feb 3, 2005
    Corona, CA
    I'm pretty sure it was a First Act bass from their premium line. You can order one. Bass Whisperer did a review of this bass.

3. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Wow, that's really cool. How much?

4. upandb

upandb

Feb 18, 2009
    CT and NY
    saw a video review...$1300 according to the video

5. ahjoyc2

ahjoyc2

Feb 28, 2009
    First Act? Like at Wal-Mart?

6. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

Well cool IMHO!

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I'm pretty sure it's the same. Apparently they have a line that doesn't suck.

8. ahjoyc2

ahjoyc2

Feb 28, 2009
    Wouldn't it have to be the same, or there would be trademark issues?

The First Act stuff at Wal-Mart is just barely playable....on a good day. How can they make something so crappy and something so good?

9. I used to work in the same building as their HQ in Boston. Oh, they make high end stuff alright - as much as $3500+ for garbage instruments that sound and play like crap. I have picked up all of their most expensive guitars and basses in the showroom and never even played one that compares to my SX! This may sound like hyperbole, but you can trust me. Their stuff really, really blows.

Hope this helps

10. Otter

Otter

Dec 14, 2008
    Oregon (Southern)
    LOL!

Thats easy, the one in the picture is made by the resident luthier. The ones that come off the production line are manufactured by inebriated bovines.

Otter.

11. That was it only in black.

12. They were even able to photoshop the blood off of his left hand from the jagged fretwork!

13. Apparently First Act isn't trying to hard to sell them. I don't see them anywhere for sale. Supposedly you can by them direct but I don't even see them available on the First Act site! I like the look of them but they can't be worth $1300!

14. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, I remember the bass designer thing on the website a few years back and being astounded at the end price for the most basic of options...

15. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    My Guitar player has an endorsement deal with them. He plays a model called a Delia. it is in our opinion, a fabulous sounding instrument.

Nothing like the Wal- mart stuff.

JKT

16. Must be the POS model line....:smug:

17. Remember MTV's The Real World?
    There was a guy named "Puck'. I think it was from the San Fransisco season. Thats who he looks like.

18. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    HEY YOU GUYS!!!

sloth-goonies.