What was your First Post?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CitricGuy, Nov 2, 2003.

1. I was just looking through all my posts (by using the search feature) and looked at all the stupid stuff I've said in the past lol.

Well I went back so far that I actually came across my first post on TB and got a good laugh out of it. Take a look back and post your first post here at TB, I bet we come up with some pretty interesting stuff.

Anyway, here was my first post at TalkBass....
  2. I have like 4600 to go through! hmmm

Hmm 177 pages of posts......

Here is the earliest one.

"I owned a Yamaha bass, forgot which one seeing as it was stolen, but it screamed. Perfect action and setup, but they didn't make the same style anymore so i ended up with a 5 string XB-500 washburn. Hell ican't complain!. Yamahas are great for beginners or someone strapped for cash."

3. My was stupid and had already been beaten to death by every board on the net!

Jamerson/Kaye contraversy.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    My first post was a question to Michael Manring (over a year ago!):

I just discovered this website; Very cool! As this is my first post, I'd like to ask a question that I've wondered about ever since I picked up "The Book of Flame" 4 years ago. How did you achieve distorted tone (at 0:54) on Dromedary? That tone is sick! I love it! What's the secret?
  5. I think mine was on tabs...like which songs would be easiest to learn...and that was like, maybe a week after I started playing...
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    2795 posts for me...146 pages... this is my first post listed...but i don't think it is actually my first..

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany

Technique [BG] > a question for pick players

09-04-2000 03:21 PM
  8. Mine was about my strap button coming out...
  9. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Mine was a new thread concerning a purchase of a Zon Lightwave. The thread ended up being shut down by a certain advocate of graphite who is not able to post on TB anymore. I was taught that there was no point in buying wooden necked basses as they would immediately warp at the slightest thermal changes and that I would be doomed to a neck riddled with dead spots. Can anybody guess who ?
    Good times :D .
  10. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Why would you pay $2,000 for a Modulus 6 string when you could buy an Ibanez for like $400?

:meh: Bad times.

This is actually like the second time I posted here, I started posting like A year and a half ago, I posted like 15x's and then didnt come back until last week or so :meh:
  11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I don't know my exact post. But I remember I was sort of cocky, and said stuipid **** in posts. Whatever.
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    use the search feature you can search for all posts by user, then go to the last page of the yields and pick the oldest post.

if you had previous aliases, then use those

oh yeah and

I was pretty cocky back then
  13. LoL, mine was on EB strings...god what I posted sounds like the most retarted thing on the planet, what the hell was I thinking??
  14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah man, I bet everyone here was. Until they find out that they know jack sh*t.
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nope, most aren't. :)

Here was mine...

Now I'm 2 years older playing Benaventes (and the Hamer) thru Ashdown and Sunn rigs :D
  16. hehe, mines long as crap. and yes i knew jt when i posted my first post from the dream theater message board

17. In my first post it was a fairly lengthy thread. Even back then Bruce was still laying the Smack down... some things NEVER CHANGE..... :p

18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I was here on 2 or 3 versions of the board before this one - we lost all the posts from the last one - imagine if that happened now!! :eek:

I seem to remember that my first posts on this board were asking about what had happened to all our posts from the last version and I was asking Ed Fuqua if he could repeat his recommendations as those posts were lost! :(
  19. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Woah that really sucks... Is there anyway to save them or something???
  20. Here is my first...

"Need some info about amps
    Hi im a fairly new bass player and i want to no i few things

1) Whats a good amp for practice and small gigs, I dont have much money so probably $400 american would be the most. (links to the site of the amp would be good)

2) What do pre-amps and power-amps do and is a Line6 Bass Pod Pro a pre-amp. Could you use a pre-amps with a bass combo? How do they work? (Where are they pluged into)

Well hopefully you can help

Hehe funny looking at old posts