Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What was YOUR first post

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 4, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i think it would be interesting seeing what everyone's first post on TB was...seeing as that sum of us have been here for years and that we have all grown...

mine was

that was one 8/25/01

and i still have a Crate bass today

bp13

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Wet behind the ears, and directly into the fray :D

rOxxOrz!

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    can't remember

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Do a search ;) for posts with username "CS"

5. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    then go the last page of all your posts...

bp13

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ...then click on the one with the earliest date...

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Well Mr Robot (I'll call you wrong later) I am aware of the search facility on this board. If you were around in December 1999, you know that the board had a glitch and lost a load of posts and registered users. I was one of them. I was restored to the board (much to the joy of everyone here-which was probably me jason brown sabbatch fan staci jere jim K and Bruce). So doing a search will not reveal my first post. Now you are wrong.

;)

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hahahah well put....well...how about giving us your oldest post on the fixed system gramps.:p

9. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    LOL wait a minute

10. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    "I'm back again, thanks Paul.
    CS New Member twice :)"

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hahaha...that's awesome.

12. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    haha

bp13

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Mine was asking about the Bassline Worp...9-13-02. I just posted another thread asking something similar about it last week. I guess time doesn't change much.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'll bite (7/27/00):

Another vote for EMG's. But, unlike everyone else, while I like the J's and JV's (vintage style), my personal preference is for the DC model (humbucker, similar to a StingRay pickup). They sound like a really fat quiet MM humbucker. Coupled with the BQC tone circuit can get any tone I've ever desired out of my basses (which are both equipped with a pair of the DC's and the BQC). But that is just my opinion, I firmly believe you should try out as many different things as you can, and form your own opinion.

Peace
    Gard

15. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Mine isn't about bass....I am a wanker ;)

7/20/2001
    My fostex XR-7 (i think that is what it is) broke, after I toke it apart. I sent it to the Fostex company to get it fixed and I have not gotten a call or e-mail back. How long does it take for them to reply or fix it? I sent it about a month ago. Thanks

it eventually came back...like a half a year later. Never used again after it came back, it went straight to my closet and hasn't left.

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    it was "HAY GUYS WUTS THE BEST BASS FOR PUNK"

but I deleted it :ninja:

17. my first post was in OT, about how funny that scene in "the ring" was when the dead girl was found in the closet.

18. My first post was defending the album "Live in America" by Victor wooten. Some guy said that Wooten had crappy song writing skills and the such so I argued with him. I guess the thread got closed later. Oh well;)

19. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    07-21-2000 10:01 PM
    Fender MIM Jazz tuxedo finish [black w/white pickguard]

In the what was your first bass thread. I read a few other of my early posts and realized I've learned far more than i thought i ever would and learned how to spell a bit better. Thats all

20. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Mine was July of 2001. I posted on a thread started by Eric Cameron that had a link to a page w/ a bunch of different signs. They were hilarious... like, road signs saying "Secret Entrance This way" and a place called "Guns R Us Postal"