WHAT WASHBURN BASS DO YOU REALLY WANT?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MEKer, Mar 21, 2014.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    So, part 3 of our Club (1--regular Club Thread http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/official-washburn-club-part-3-a-1060572/index13.html, 2--our database http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/what-washburn-bass-do-you-own-database-1021927/index11.html and 3--our wish list here).

a) Might be interesting to get this down and other members can refer to this by alerting someone they see is looking for a particular bass when they come across it on eBay or elsewhere. And it's fun anyway to see what others want. Can also list PARTS you need and are seeking in case anyone can help.
    b) Feel free to put as many or as few as you wish, but keep it real. Does no good to say, "I want the whole inventory from 1980-1983" or something, OK?
    c) Does not matter if you do not have the $ for one right now. This is, after all, a wish list and there may come a time and circumstance where you can get your heart's desire regarding this subject.
    d) as you post here, I'll gather it up and put it on this master list here at post #1 as it will be easier to reference as the posts increase in number.

Please, if you're not a Washburn fan, no Jr. High School remarks here.
    *************************************************************************************

eldoryder: OB-20 Delta King (Oscar Schmidt)
    kodiakblair: B-32
    MEKer: Force 42 BBR, XB-800, B-90 SEC
    SP_EB4L: XB-1000, B-32
    ubnomnar: SHB-H3/Matte Tangerine

2. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    SHBH3... Matte Tangerine

3. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    I still want an OB20 Delta King! I bought one a year ago from Guitar Center and had to send it back...the neck was warped and beyond reasonable repair. I still have the case I bought for it before it arrived. I guess I would prefer black, if possible. Upgraded pickups would be a plus as well.

4. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Heard very good things about them.

Attached Files:

5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Still have your SB-40EQ?

6. Always wanted the AB32 in White just like the catalogue

th_cat_1987washburn_page08.jpg

It's as near this Bass Maniac as I'll get.

th_Tune_fretless_Bass.jpg

Mind you I happy with my other ABT's

7. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    That B-32 is indeed gorgeous. It's not AB (Acoustic Bass), just B.
    Who makes that Bass Maniac? Very nice.

8. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Good choice, I really like that B-32 also but I also like the blue B-30 and that one is not so rare. Maybe one day...

9. SP_EB4L

Here is my dream Washburn bass, the 1994 XB-1000, I don't know if it really exist as I never saw one listed somewhere. That's the only XB Bantam series that have a neck-thru, an neck pocket truss rod adjustment and that colour is terrific. I am sure it tone is killer with the Bartolini pick-up in bridge position. It was build only in the introductory year of the XB series.

[​IMG]

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    And of course Washburn HAD to put out an XB-1000 ad with different pickups. The "custom one for Pat Badger.

Oh, last year JC Music had one for sale and they said it was 1995. I just emailed them and asked them if they still had record of the bass. If they do, please send me the serial number! It had better start with a "4". If it starts with a "5" what will you do, SP_EB4L? I will throw my hands in the air and say, "Dang it, Washburn, stop fooling us!!"

Attached Files:

11. SP_EB4L

Oh yeah they fooling us because the bass that Pat used in this ads is a Japan built PB-1250 (PB for Pat Badger, but it's probably the fancy Japanese model number), not the XB-1000. I should receive mine next week from another TBer (Cetera) who put this bass to sold last year. The PB-1250 is Pat Badger signature bass, it's a bolt-on neck with active PJ EMG pick-ups, I got this one for 375£. The XB-1000 is a different beast you could see the XB-1000 in the 1994 catalog and the PB-1250 in the the 1995 Japan brochure with the KW-1250 (Kip Winger signature bass that is essentially an XB-800). Go on the VintAxe.com site to see the catalogs, if you are registred).

12. The Bass Maniacs were made by Tune in Japan.Still in business but I think there made in Korea now.I saw a review mid 80's I think,then saw the ABT's. Store had B10, B15 and the B20 I left with in a Kinda Pearl White.Now I love my B20 in Red Sparkle finish but the White
    one was Bee Knees.

13. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

I remember drooling over that Xb-1000 in the Washburn brochure too! Beautiful bass!

14. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    P1040898_zps789a4e3b.jpg

P1040897_zps67c9ade8.jpg

P1040899_zps0450b180.jpg

[​IMG]

15. SP_EB4L

Good morning ubnomnar,

I just remarked on the bottom left of the ads that where you have the legend of the picture, it was write:

Pat Badger
    bassist of Extreme
    Washburn XB200

More confusion!?!?

The bass on the three other pictures is the one that I trade with cetera, I should receive it this week if UPS that their two foot out of the same shoe (what a pain in comparison with USPS or Royal Post), cetera ship the bass on March 13.

16. SP_EB4L

Here is one sold for 350$USD by 92seville in November 2010, it was designee as a "Washburn Pat Badger", maybe it's the one that MEKer saw at JC Music last year.

file_zps0da8e9ed.jpg
    file_zps73b33272.jpg
    file_zps596a10d2.jpg
    file_zpse5d80956.jpg
    file_zps11aa03f3.jpg

17. SP_EB4L

Here is the original listing found on eBay.

18. SP_EB4L

Oh! Oh! Ubnomnar, it seem that you have been hooked by the Stu Hamm signature bass, if I remember well you write to us that you didn't need the piezzo and now you are looking for the SHB3. I hope you'll find one not too expensive and surely you still in love with your SHB1.

19. SP_EB4L

Hi eldoryder,

I saw one that is still listed on eBay but it's a blue one with the original pick-ups. Do you think that you can find third parties pick-ups that would fit on this bass?

20. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    Well, if I had a Washburn Taurus bass, I could add another Washy to the stable AND join the Boner Bass Club at the same time!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021