What were songs you strived to play when you started?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tupac, May 14, 2012.

1. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    In other words, what were the songs that you sort of looked up when you very first started, thinking "Man, I wish I could do that!" Have you achieved your goals yet? Mine were Lounge Act by Nirvana, Can't Stop by RHCP, and YYZ. The first two I reached, I have a feeling I won't to YYZ for a long time...

2. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    When I was a teenager I really wanted to play Sly & The Family Stone's "Thank You (Fallentinme Be Mice Elf)" ...and I even managed to arrange a version for my band that we loved playing.

Years later I realized that we'd been playing it so pathetically wrong it's a wonder anybody even recognized it! I'd transcribed the bassline incorrectly, totally butchered the guitar transcription, missed important phrases in the horn part by a mile, and probably even screwed up the words.

35 years later I think I've finally got a handle on the bass part. Still don't know what the guitar is actually doing.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021