What were their parents thinking?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petebass, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I heard an interview on the radio this morning with a woman who's name was Julia Caesar. Needless to say the importance of her message was lost in all the giggling over her name.

But it got me thinking of ex Sydney Kings basketballer named Duane Maclain, all of the kids from the Cosby Show, the children of Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates (may they RIP), not to mention Demi Moore's kids, and some people I went to school with, namely Peter Peters and Jenny Sags. Didn't David Bowie call his first-born Zoey.

C'mon people, let's hear em.........
  2. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    My social studies teacher in ninth grade had a highschool friend he knew named Anita (which in my oppinion invites trouble regardles of last name) and she ended up marrying a guy named Paul Bohner (pronounced bonner actually).

And my dad went to school with a guy whose last name was ******... nothing that could be helped there i suppose... but it still had to suck for that kid.

And Peerless Price! I can't remember who he plays for now but common!
  3. This is not a joke. This is not fake. This is serious. 100% real.

My parents neighbor, where I used to live, name is.....

Rusty Nail. You cannot beat that. And the guy is funnier than hell. I remember he once took his Christmas lights down in June. He has two mail boxes. One is at standard height. The other is about 15ft off the ground and on the side of it says "air mail".
  4. I was watching the Man Show and they had a guy on there named Dick Hertz and a lady named Aneeda Dick.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I knew a girl named Portia Pelow

Her mom's name was Dusti

no joke.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    in 8th... my elective teacher was named Mrs. Ball.... and we asked her what her husbands name was... and she said it was Harry.
  7. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Where do I start.....I used to work at Melbourne Park (big stadium here in Melbourne: basketball, concerts, tennis etc.) in the box office. All the prebooked tickets had the credit card holder's full name on the envelope and we then had to sight the card to verify their identity. I came across some corkers during my time there. Some of the highlights: Mr Joel Death who came to a John Farnham concert, Mr ****ty who came to every single game in the NBL basketball finals series one year, Mr Wayne C. Kerr who came to the tennis one year (even worse - his credit card was a Victorian Police Visa - Constable Wayne Kerr :D). I also just met the sister of a guy I train with; his name is Paul. His sister's name is Pauline. I mean, honestly, what the hell where their parents thinking? :meh:
  8. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    I just read my own post and realised that the board automagically starred out one of the names I listed.:meh:. His name was Mr. S-h-i-t-t-y. Apologies if anyone was offended by the profanity but that was the name on his credit card so....
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I had a friend that I haven't seen in years named Amanda Whacker (get it..."a man to whack her"). Fer real though...that was her name. She's probably married and relieved now (hopefully she didn't find a man who fulfills her name).

Also, one of my high school friends found out his college potluck roommate's name was "Trush*t." It was just written on a piece of paper and he didn't know the pronunciation but he wanted to call. So he called and asked for "Trushee." They had no idea who he was talking about and finally they go "Ohhh...TROY!" The spelling was right but they (Indian I think) pronounced it like "Troy." (note: I had to put the '*' in there because it wouldn't let me put an 'i' without censoring)

brad cook
  10. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I work in a childrens hospital and I have seen the worst name-related crimes in existence.

The all-time champion is a women that named her kid something that she pronounced as 'Sha-theed', but everyone who ever sees it written down will recognize it as the word sh*thead.

I am particularly sensitive to names that work better backwards than forwards, because I apparently have one. All my life I would tell
    someone my name and they would CORRECT ME!

" Hi I'm Wayne Roy."
    "You mean Roy Wayne?"
    You know at 39 years old I'm pretty sure I know what my name is.

On the aircraft carrier I served on there were several of us with 'backwards' names. I thought mine was the worst, till Kerwin Sam got there.
  11. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR> :D
  12. What about that sports drug person Dick Pound...thats a pretty funny name...lots of laughter when your studying shane warnes drug taking in english
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Get this - when I went to secondary school I met a kid called Todd German. I soon realised that if you ignored the space you were left with 'todgerman'.

I was mates with him for most throughout the school life but did occasanly forget about that sace when addressing him :D
  14. I was recently working in a University, enrolling students came across a couple of decent ones... Innocent Gai and Theodorou Theodouros. And Richard Head. :p
  15. My husbands best friends mothers name is Ellie Earp.

:bag: Treena
  16. One of my chemistry teachers at school ws Mr Plant....sadly his wife's first name was Rose......I mean why did she marry him knowing what her name would be????

Another interesting one, but maybe not funny was an engineer I once worked with who's name was Steven Joyce. He was married, his wife's name was Joyce Kelly (yes, for her married name she kept her maiden name - not too surprisingly....)
  17. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Lofthæna is a weird name.
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've always believed this to be urban legend as it's told ALL OVER the country. So my question is this - did you personally see and meet a kid named Sh*thead?

brad cook
  19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    How about: Neal Knight

...he's a TBer, BC employee, and student of mine.

No joke.

His folks seem like such nice people too...