What will arrive from GC next week? ($200 used bass sight unseen impulse buy content)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tlite, May 26, 2019.

What is going to arrive next week?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2019.
  1. Something good

73.1%
  2. Something bad

26.9%
  1. tlite

tlite

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    ANALOG BASS REBORN.

I'm still posting the work as to how I got it to this point on the other thread, but pretty much finished with the exception of maybe the series/parallel mod that @Eilif suggests. Also thanks @charlie monroe for the BWB pickguard suggestion.

Pretty happy with how it came out- the finish work on the back isn't quite as good a match for the color but I had the mix down pretty well by the time I worked on the front.

Mostly just elbow grease- didn't really cost much at all except for the $4 worth of nail polish. I did have some tools and compound, sandpaper, etc. though).

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1035_612x816.jpg

IMG_1045_543x671.jpg

IMG_1041_483x595.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Great job! It looks gorgeous. :thumbsup:

3. tlite

tlite

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Thanks!

Ronzo likes this.
  4. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Great work. Your finish repairs took it from looking like a weirdly abused bass to an instrument with some honest play wear.

The guard and knobs elevate it nicely and look really sharp with that color.

MCF and tlite like this.
  5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    That’s pure sex. Nicely done.

tlite and MCF like this.
  6. Its an awesome buy at 200 especially if you're a jazz bass guy..great deal even if you're not..case and playable nice sounding guitar...way better than anything you can get where I live for 200..

tlite likes this.
  7. I live like 2 hours south of Buff....lol Bills may be on the rise though...I don't like the Bills but I get a lot of the teams' info where I live cause most of my friends are bills fans. Great city, resilient die hard blue collar people, and I've never had a bad time in the City of Buffalo.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021