1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What will fit on a schecter stiletto studio 5?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SMILEYSIXX, May 7, 2010.

1. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
    The bridge should be a basic Hipshot type design. It was the last time I looked at Shcecter's website. So anything that can swap with a Hipshot 5 string should work.

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Buddy of mine totally blacked one of these out, and it looks sweet. Thats the route you should take. Back tuners, bridge, etc.

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Really? You hate it? Mine is about the sturdiest one-piece brass bridge I've ever seen on any stock instrument (one screw for each string? uber-attached!).

It's not a Hipshot bridge, but I believe a Hipshot A-style will fit. However, unless you order an aluminum one, you wont find one with the same satin gold finish.

4. SMILEYSIXX

SMILEYSIXX

Dec 29, 2009
    I suppose I have to be fair and say that the main reason I dislike the bridge is because the saddle on my B string is messed up. I'm still not a big fan of the style of the bridge but aside from the saddle, I don't have major complaints. And as for the appearance of the bridge and tuning heads, I'm planning on replacing all the gold hardware with chrome anyway. I figure if I'm gonna change most of the stuff on it, I could completely change its entire appearance as well. I checked with some other people too and they all said that it should fit. Thanks for your input!

5. jsmalls

jsmalls

Feb 8, 2010
    DC-MD area
    Were you able to find a bridge that fit? I would like to place a bridge with larger string spacing in my Schecter Stilleto Studio 5.

6. SMILEYSIXX

SMILEYSIXX

Dec 29, 2009
    I would try a badass V. I took my bass to sam ash and that's what he recommended. The string spacing is an additional .5 mm per string, I believe. I'm taking my bass to the store soon for installation, because I couldn't find a bridge that exactly fit, so the bass will need the original holes doweled and then new holes drilled for the bridge.

7. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    I'm an Elite-5 owner, and after spending alot of money I shouldn't have, I would only recommend new tuners, and possibly a preamp. I went with the Glockenklang 3-band. I tried several pickups, and found myself back with the EMG's. They were not as balanced as some of the others, but they had the tone that appealed to me most. They are a bit bright which is what everyone complains about, but I'd rather roll off a bit of treble than trying to get clarity out of a pickup that doesn't have it. I found the Basslines to pretty much sound the same as EMG, but EMG's were balanced better. SGD's were balanced the best. The bartolini's lasted two hour in the bass..