What will handle a MultiFX better...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Convectuoso, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ...A 30 - 50 watt combo amp, or a 10 watt practice amp?

I have some spare cash and I am recieving a MFX pedal very soon and was wondering if it would be worth it to get a cheap 30 to 50 watt amp?

Cheers in advance :)
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    a multifx would work on any amp. loud enough to practice with drums?? maybe not with your 10w if you can save up your money and if you want to play with drums etc, maybe you should have AT LEAST a 100w combo with a 15" I like yorkville combos, about $375 USD.
    see here
  3. can pick up a second hand peavey pretty cheaply
  4. What is the deal with everyone "advising" and i use the term losely :smug: to get new gear! Convectuoso asked a simple question, neither of the reply's actually had anything to do with this thread, IMO that ='s spam.

So, to provide an answer to your question Convectuoso, no a Multi FX wont sound any different no matter what amp you play it though (except of course the sound of the amp, but that is obvious :p)
  5. But if you use say an octaver effect a smaller 10 watt amp with possibly a small speaker will be unable to produce the lower octaved signal where as a bigger amp with a bigger speaker may managed :)
  6. ...... dang :p yeah true. It just amazes me that everyones automatic response to nearly any question is buy new bass gear, maybe it was my upbringing .... maybe it is the fact that i live in Australia :hyper: where gear prices suck :crying:
  7. sounds kinda like the UK, but you get the occasional jem, like i just did :D
  8. Yeah, I only have some SPARE cash not bunches of it.

It just sounds like a bad idea to run it through a ten watt opposed to x amount more watts.

So should I get an amp or a hard case which one?
  9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    It will sound just about the same on a 10 or a 50 watt practice amp. Don't get a slightly better amp; if you need something better don't waste the money to get a compromise between the 10 and whatever your future amp may be.