Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what will i lose?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mike_odonovan, May 22, 2003.

1. i am thinking of selling my SWR Goliath III 4+10 and getting 2 EA VL208 cabs. what will i lose? tried a pair of the EA in a shop and was like really impressed with them as a pair but thought with just one 2+8 cab it really lacked for EB. i play double as well and thought maybe a 2+8 cab matched with my GKMB150 might give me a bit more for the louder double gigs. BUT i currently earn the dough from a function band so will the the 2 EA cabs cut the volume? still i gig for love and more often in a jazz trio so anyone out there got thoughts on the GKMB150 and an EA VL208 cab as a combination?

ps. on EA site i can't see the 2+8 cabs anymore. why?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    The VL-208 cabs have been discontinued for a couple years, as have all the VL series. They have been replaced by the CXL and soon to be NL model cabinets.

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I recently got a EA CXL112 for my upright.What you will lose will be the SWR coloration (ie:upright mud) and gain a clearer, more defined tone.The CXL112 is also a great electric cab.