Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what will you be like ...when you get old?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Oct 16, 2002.

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    heh.. I was watching mtv2 and they had a thing on about Dr Dre. Snoop came on and said something to the fact that him and dre will be like walther mathow and jack lemmon or something like that.
    So I thought about it and hmm.. when i get old, Ill probably be a foxy granpda . Probably not though. Ill have my buddy holly glasses, my spikey grey hair and a couple of tattoos probably. Ill probably still be listening to Queen, Zeppelin, Metallica, Dilated People, Dj Paul Barmen, Frank Black and the catholics, Frank Zappa, Steve Vai and The Descendents.
    I hope i can still play bass. Ill prolly have a bass collection the size of John Turners by then [btw john my next bass is a conklin 7..which im probably aquiring next summer hopefully ].
    Hopefully i wont die of a heart attack.. of.."natural causes" if you know what i mean
    because if i dont have any heart problems ever ill be the happiest old man in the world!
    So what will yall be like when yall are in yalls 70s? ever thought about it?
    Tell what you think.

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    a cantancerous (sp?) old goat. mean, crazy, and without shame.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'll live under the sea eating lobsters and other ocean delicacies. I'll frolic with the Mermaids and make my home in a reef. I'll have a pet seal named "Ivan" and an electric eel to guard my home.

4. Bald, Fat, Loud..

and happy. Watch out whippersnappers.

5. I'll be the scary guy that lives all alone in the big house at the end of the street, the one that kids are each other to go into the yard of. And I'll be there waiting, with a broom and a garden hose, yelling, "Get out of my yard, you whipper snappers!! You should be in school!! When I was your age..."

Rock on
    Eric

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

just keep that dang seal out of my kelp bed

;)

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    every post should have this poll on top :)

8. I'll be president of the US, you tell me.

9. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

Seat in Senate for me. Presidents are just puppets anyways.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'll probably look exactly the same; scruffy, bad posture, and dressed in clothing from the thrift store's 25 cent bin.

11. Actually, I realised that I mis-posted. I should have said Supreme and Un-impeachable Ruler of the World.

Or the SUROW. Just call me sir.:D

Rock on
    Eric

12. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    I wanna remember to be really senile so i can chase kids around during homecoming or just plain ole off my land, and they'll all be like, "watch out for old man luke, he'll get you!" and i would too.

lp

13. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    I'll be a skinny geezer with horrible carpal tunnel syndrome. (Bassist + computer programmer + weight training...man I'm going to get CTS by the time I'm 30:( ) At least I'll have a full head of hair. I won't talk to anybody but loved ones and I think that I'll have lots of odd habits. I'll be happy because I'll have piles of money, lots of good basses, and some grandkids. Being aged will be fun. I refuse to be old though, it's just a state of body, not mind;)

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I think I'm gonna be an old pothead, and stay home and watch MTV or VH1 all day.

15. Life changes lots, and in ways you cannot dream about. I've been wealthy, poor and middle class. I've been happy, sad, angry and mellow. I've been a whore, prudish and everything in between. But there have been several constants in my life... I've always had a good woman in my bed, a fast ride under my ass and a bass in my hands.

What can I say... but at 50 I've just begun to get my ducks in a row! :D

16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hopefully, before I get too old, I'll be dead.

17. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Believe it or not you really dont change a lot.But most of your pot is now on your belly, thats a problem:D
    I have 3 grandsons and I still play bass in a band with other old farts. playing the same stuff we did back in the 60's, blues, Cream, Zeppelin, Hendrex, Doors, Hey, if Mick, Keith and Co. can still rock, so can I. Live right and you can to ;)

George

18. i'll die before im 20 :D

if not... I'll still have a different colored hair (if i have any!), teacher my kids how to play bass... and on here, teaching myself :p :D

19. I'm 53. When I grow up, maybe I'll have a better handle on what I'll be like when I'm old.

20. I'll be a maniac, jumping out of planes, bungee jumping, stealing stuff, vandalism, I figure when I'm 90 it won't matter what I do.:cool: