Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what Wireless ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Newsted, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Newsted

Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    Greece(athens)
    i wont to buy a wireless system but with realy good sound and atlist 15 foot range i can give about 250$can you tell me where and what can buy?

2. Why not just buy a 15 foot cable for $20 or so? Theyre just about fail proof. They dont need batteries. But, thats only my opinion.

3. Newsted

Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    Greece(athens)
    i have cable i wont a wireless for more freedom in stage on the gigs

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Do a search on this. We've been through it a dozen times (this month).

5. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I too was at your position once Newstead, wireless seemed like heaven to me... until I tried them all out.

Truth is, I can't stand wireless now, and I love my 20 foot cord. Thing is about wireless, if you want it to sound good, you gotta spend around 700 dollars for a wireless. I've tried out every wireless system in the 300 dollar range and they still give you that horrible fuzzy crackle sound. After getting really pissed off about this, I just accepted the face that good wireless isn't cheap and I can do without wireless until I have an extra 700 dollars around.

So to answer your question, there isn't a good wireless system for 300 dollars, spend 700 on one, but try it out before you do so, if you aren't satisfied then just screw wireless.

6. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    One word in favour of wireless regardless of cost

Electrocution.

Although it hasn't happened to me it happened to one of my oldest playing buddies. He survived but only through pure luck. I bought my first wireless system 2 days later....

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I use a Shure UHF wireless system. I have no complaints about it. It cost me a bit more than you are looking to spend, though.

8. cb_sk8er

cb_sk8er Guest

May 18, 2001
    Joice, IA.
    ok, all u have to do is go to www.musiciansfriend.com they have free catlogs, and they carry all sorts of stuff like that, and it's economical too! I'm sure you will be satisfied with what you find. cya!~