1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Woods?.....Mr Latimour..!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, May 16, 2004.

1. Hey...

In the process of getting my specs ready for my New Bass...custom jobbie..!!!!...this bass has always been my inspiration.!!! i think it is supurb....!!! but I would like to know what the top woods and back wooods are..!!!!

Is it Tazmanian Blackwood?.....supurb choice...(mine going to be bolt on so0o the neck isnt inportant..!!!)...

I just wish I lived in Aussie.!!! iwould be having one.!!!

here are the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want it..¬¬¬ :bawl:

2. Top wood looks like it might be koa.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    The top and back wood is figured / curly camphor laurel - an Australian "weed" timber.

A little bit of info can be found here:

http://www.ecofurn.com.au/timber-supplies.html

The body core is Tasmanian Blackwood with thin Jarrah accent lines.

4. Hey
    I live in Melbourne Australia, used to live in Tassie, but who made this bass, it looks great? Thats a really nice wood, what type of tone does it give?
    Thanks
    Troy

5. Thank you for the reply Mr Latimour..really helpful and I have found somewhere in the UK that has Camphor so0o here we come..!!!>.

I believe the bass was designed by someone called Kennedy...small luthier in Aussie....if you want one Boofis then I am sure Mark can get u in touch..!!!

I am guessin with those wood combos its gonna have compressed highs...and a very sweet mid and lows....kinda Roscoe esq in sound..!!!!....

Very yummie P-Bass'y on Steroids sound.!!!>..not not affraid of a good slap.!!!