what would be a cool combo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Aug 29, 2004.

1. alrighty, im after some effects, i know i want an envelope filter and a overdrive, possibly tube/simulation overdrive pedal, so i can get a p-funk style tone, and an all round funk tone, and use the overdrive for rock as well, in some rare occasions...i want stomp boxes, not a processor/modeler because id simply have no use for everything else...plus i already own a zoom 506, ive tried a digitech synth wah and i think they're pretty cool, but id just like some suggestions for the overdrive and possibly a better envelope filter.....

note: this is not a what should i buy thread, but what should i try thread :p
  2. plumby1

Aug 21, 2004
  3. If you like the Digitech Synth Wah, you might as well try the Digitech Bass Driver. Should look neat with the Bass Synth, plus it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better than the ODB-3 which might very well be the worst sounding bass od on the planet IMO :)
  4. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Good overdrive = DOD FX250

Lots of people here (myslef included) use and abuse it and it sounds great! Cheap too.
  5. i think ill definately go the digitech for the envelope, considering i just checked prices they've come down a little plus i get my 20% pro musician (pffft :p ) discount from my local, and since they come with 1 year warranty, 6 years if you register the pedal..either that or a q-tron if i can find somewhere here that sells them, but i was pretty blown away by the synth wah
  6. plumby1

Aug 21, 2004

7. well now i have pedal gas,
    digitech Synth wah
    digitech bass driver
    fender pedal tuner
    Dunlop bass wah

that totals about $800 :bawl: