What would be a good rockbass for me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by diobassist, Jan 16, 2005.

1. diobassist

Jan 2, 2005
    Hi! Thanks for checking my thread....
    I' ve played about 8 months with a kinda crappy bass, and im buying an new one. I play mostly Hard rock but also some normal rock and i would need some advice, that what would be a good bass. For example- is the thunderbird any good?
    Or is it good for this music style.
    I would also like to buy some kind of "special" bass-like the thunderbird is. Any help would be great! The bass can be about under 1000 dollars.
  2. There's Ibanez, Schecter, Fender American P-basses and Jazz basses, Used Musicman Stingrays and Sterlings. Thunderbirds are junk in my opinion, unless your buying a vintage one. I went to a local guitar center yesterday and they had a used Elrick and a couple used Pedulla raptures going for around $1,000, and they were killer. Just go to Guitar Center or Samash and play everything you can afford. You don't really even need to spend $1,000 for a bass, especially if you've only been playing 8 months. I've been getting by for the past four years with basses in the $350-$550 price range. If the bass isnt holding you back and you get the sound you like, there's no reason to spend the extra money.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Fender P or a Thunderbird. you can close this now! :bassist:
  4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    used spector euro neck-trough PJ (ns-a2?), or a used corvette standar active
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The warwick rockbass corvette SE (special edition) looks nice.

basses without 'rockbass' in name... fender precision bass is always safe.
  6. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA

when i first saw the thread i thought it would be about rockbasses too, but i picked one up as my second bass and i would highly recommend it.