1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would be an upgrade for a TC BG250?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Inconnu, Nov 25, 2017.

1. I’m currently using a TC Electronic BG250 (first generation, 1x15 and tweeter) as a second, portable amp (main one is an SVT).

It’s loud enough, love the lightweight, like the idea of carrying a combo instead of seperates.

Anyhow, I’m wondering which higher end light combos would be a real upgrade tone-wise. More punch and clarity, at least the same volume, around the same weight. Maybe more on the hifi side then trying to emulate the classic SVT sound.

Any idea?

No budget fixed yet, I’m at an exploration state...

2. No one?

3. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    I dunno, since you said more on the hifi side, maybe a GK MB212?

Wicked G and AstroSonic like this.
  4. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    Class D heads are so compact I don’t see the advantage to a combo. I’d build it with the cabinet I like and the head I like with enough power to run multiple cabinets or one 4 ohm cabinet- basically whatever you have and use for the svt.

Some people may argue for a fender rumble as a good combo. I don’t have any experience with that.

I use an RH450 and really love it: I love the features and the sound. I use it with a big 212 4ohm cabinet. Again I love the sound and I like having it to put my the head on top of. I don’t like it as much with the 210 I bought it with but it’s nice to have that to fit in the trunk of my car.

5. For a little more money: GK MB115 (or MB112II).

For a substantial upgrade (and cost): Markbass CMD102P or CMD121H.

They will bring you increased clarity and punch (and maximum volume) with semi-HiFi sound, but still very portable.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  6. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    An upgrade tone wise is truly subjective and should be based by your own ears. But if you are looking for something more hi-fi with a lot of volume, I would follow Kro's advice and check out a GK MB212.