1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would be close to a Sadowsky Standard 5 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kridrazil, Apr 6, 2009.

1. kridrazil

kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    Hi,

few years ago I owned a nice Sadowsky NYC Standard 5 strings bass with a maple fingerboard.
    I sold it and I miss it.

So I am looking for bass with a close sound and feel (34 scale length) to the Sadowsky Standard 5 with a maple fingerboard.

My budget is around 1000 Euros.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

2. john nam

john nam Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    I don't know how close it comes to the NYC 5, but you should definitely check out the Human Basex OC5. I have one and it's amazing. The major difference that you would notice right away would be that the NYC's neck doesn't taper down as much at the nut as does the OC5's neck.

3. kridrazil

kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    Thanks, I never heard of this brand.

4. have you tried a sandberg California J? i know sandbergs go for around 1K euro (i actually have a cali PM5 on order now :))

http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I'm not sure what availability or prices are like in the UK, but the most obvious choice in around that price range in the US is to look for a used Sadowsky Metro MS5.

Mike

6. kridrazil

kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    Yep in the end I think I will just look for a used Sadowsky Metro MS5.

It would be my best bet.