What would be the best bass for my style of music?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Feb 15, 2005.

1. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I play in a melodic rock band(some heavier songs, but nothing metal) and for awhile now I've been wondering about what bass I should put work into saving up for. I'm gonna buy used, and I'm wanting to keep this >$600. I really like the look of the Fender American P-Bass, and it seems pretty flexible with that S-1 switching thing. I've never actually played one, and there isn't a music store nearby that carries these. They carry the MIM and Squiers and stuff, but not the MIA. Would this be a good bass for my given situation? The next bass I buy will become a second gigging bass(depending on how I like it, possibly my main one). Just let me know what you think, and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks and God bless.
  2. Major Havoc

Major Havoc

Feb 15, 2005
    the fender p bass is great for alot of styles of music, i have used one for metal,50'-60',classic rock and country so i think this bass would work for you IMO.
  3. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    i think it's more important to find the sound that you want cause a lot of different sound can go on a lot of different music... and that is the beauty of it!..
    but.. sure it's not a error to go on p-bass, i think that bass made is proofs :D
    so take a week-end to shop on a near town where you can try a lot of bass... and try them! listen to player that you like.. and don't buy right there... wait to see what guys in this forum think about this bass...

so.. that's what I do :D
  4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    How about a G&L Tribute L-2000?
  5. 3flowoj

Jan 13, 2005
    Morton IL
    The L-2000 is definately a good bass for your style. Tons of tones in there.