Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST PEDAL TO USE......

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by billybo, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybo

billybo

Jul 18, 2002
    I GOT A FENDER SQUIER 4 STRING..I HAVE NOTICED WHEN I PLAY..THE LOWER STRINGS ARE LOUD BUT WHEN I PLAY THE G STRING..YOU CANT REALLY HEAR IT..(DURING SHOWS)...I HAVE A DOD BASS OVERDRIVE PEDAL..AND A BASS PREAMP...WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST PEDAL TO GET TO GET A GOOD SOUND..I SLAP AND POP ALOT ALSO....

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    PLEASE DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS, IT IS CONSIDERING YELLING.

You will get more posts.....And i dont think a pedal is what you need. try lowering the higher strings closer to the pick up, use some mid highs, eq it so it doesnt sound that way, take it to a pro to have it setup. I doubt you need a pedal.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Posting in the right forum might be a good option to. Ok, first pedal you want is the one that TURNS OFF THE CAPS LOCK! Second, you want to try the effects forum over in the Bass Guitar side of Talkbass. Third, you would want to try the suggestions PollyBass made.

4. I don't think the moderators approve of double-posting, and most, if not all, of the members here don't appreciate posts in all caps.

Kindly consider your board etiquette, because it's especially important on this board. :cool:

5. bassochist

bassochist

Dec 28, 2002
    Earth
    i agree.
    lay off the caps lock.

oh yeah and try adjusting your EQ with more high end (change the treble on the bass itself or the pedal or the preamp or even the amp itself if it has an EQ) of course you could also lower the G string... but too much lowering could give you some fretbuzz... probably not a problem...

although that has basically alreayd been said...
    therefore my reply served no purpose...
    therefore i guess i will just shut up now...

6. YOUR G STRING IS OLD, CHANGE ALL OF YOUR STRINGS

7. you already posted this...
    no effect will make you G string sound louder...
    thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.