1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would be the existing equivalent of a Berg NV210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MoonQuake, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MoonQuake

MoonQuake Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Montréal, Qc.
    Hi folks,

What the title says basically.

Is there a 210 cab currently in stores that could be close to what a Berg NV210 would be if it existed?

Sealed and vintage sounding ?

2. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
    Ampeg SVT210AV. It's a pretty low-power, more budget cab. But by most accounts sounds pretty damn good.

Ampeg SVT-210AV Micro Classic Bass Cabinet

My guess is a 'Bergantino' version of this cab would handle more power and have a bit more extended range low and high. Just a guess, though.

If you're not opposed to going custom I'd be Don from Low Down Sound would make a killer sealed 210.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    MoonQuake likes this.
  3. Grooveline

Grooveline

Jan 24, 2012
    Can't speak from experience but from reading/searching here in the forums there are a couple options. Barefaced Two10 is "colored" toward the vintage side from what i've read. You could also go with the Ampeg SVT-210AV if you can find one used. Might need at least two of the Ampeg 210s to match with the output of the Barefaced though which is just one of the reasons the Barefaced might be the best current option.

4. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    Barefaced is one of the best options for lots of reasons. Some of the very best cabs out there, but I don't think its sealed, is it?

I haven't heard a sealed 210 Id consider using (though I mostly play sealed cabs), but the way speaker tech is evolving it wouldn't shock me to find out someone is cooking up an awesome example as we speak :)

5. freedomryder

freedomryder

Nov 21, 2012
    Seattle area
    Barefaced 210 isn't sealed but is supposed to sound like it.
    from their website - "Using our innovative hybrid enclosure which sounds and feels like a sealed cab but can play loud and bring the thunder like a ported cab"

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 on the two recommendations, above. The SVT-210AV is a great little cab, but the Barefaced Two10 (though not sealed, but acts kinda like it is) is probably closer to what you have in mind. I recently reviewed the Two10, and compared it to the SVT-210AV.

razboinikoff, dukeorock and MoonQuake like this.