Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what would bea Good 60-100 watt amp setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wild Bill, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Hey everyone I was thinking about what my next bass amp should be. it has to be at least 60-100 watts and has to be between $400-$800. any suggestions?

2. go for the Bass Master 100 from Yorkville, its a 100 watt 15incher, and probably cost around 300(canadian). i like it. the peavey minx 110 isnt that bad either, it runs around 250 i think. i got both those combos and they both sound good to me.

3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    cool Im gonna check those out, to get into a little more detail I play a Fender Jazz bass (mexican) anyone have any ideas on what would work best with my bass?

4. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    for $800 you could do a little better than "Yorkville"

here are a couple suggestions
    you can also find all of these used if you look.

im not gonna tell you what to buy, just want to point out some good amps that you should try out. but its up to your ears

btw, i think Ampegs are paired up with fenders a lot, so you should defenitaly check them out.

5. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    i use my MIM fender jazz on my ampeg b100r and it sounds great....go for the ampeg!

6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Cool Im gonna get the ampeg

7. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    tell us how you like it :D :D

8. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I don't think you'll regret it. My MIM Jazz sounds great through my B-100R, as does my Stingray:D Let us know how you like it.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    For less than $800 you could get a Fender Bassman 200.

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    i love my mexi jazz [w/ghs flats] and pilot + 5 through my bassman 200 $629.99 - 10% [w/coupon] @ Mars = dad got me amp. I like it though-line out [balanced], tuner out, effects return and enough EQ for me. thats all

11. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Musician's Friend is selling Ashdowns Electric Blue 1x12(130w) for $399 on latest BP issue, man that's cheaper than in Europe!

Should be great bang for the buck for what I have played thru em.

12. 70's model Ampeg V-4B and matching 2x15 cabinet. Enough volume for any venue except stadiums. Can be had for around $600.00 in good condition.