What would happen if a mod is the prob?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Mud Flaps, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    When the mod is the perpetrator, can another mod close the mods thread or edit his/her post?

Can a mod ban someone for simply not liking the person?

Is there a system in line to keep the mods in check?

What can a member do if they believe that a mod is acting against them unfairly?

I'm not saying that any of the mods are bad, but, you know, there are crooked cops out there too.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    only Paul can ban someone. If you have an issue with a Mod, PM or email Paul... He's a cool dude
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

A Mod can edit anothers posting. It has happened when I have had to edit their posts. I also once created an inappropriate thread that Jazzbo nuked.

Mods can not ban. Paul does. But after a request by a Mod.

The system of keeping mods in check is that TB runs and works on its own. Mods do not create or govern it. The members very much create the mood for itself. TB has changed in the few years its been around. But it is due to its members IMHO.

If you have a problem with a Mod, PM the mod. Often times it is just a misunderstanding by the Mod or the regular member. If that is not satisifying then PM another Mod in that area. If that doesnt work PM Paul.

As far as crooked cops I dont know of any here. Different opinions and ways of Mod'ing, but not "crooked".

You obviously have a problem with one, and we know who it is. But that is cool with me.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

...and if you have any doubts about anything that odie said in his post, reread the Forum rules. Like speddling said, if you feel that a mod is being unfair, send the mod a PM. If you still have an issue, pm Paul. NEVER QUESTION A MOD IN PUBLIC. THIS IS THE SUREST WAY TO GET BANNED. THE RULES EXIST FOR A REASON.
  5. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Wuh? I think it would be a waste of time to get all huffy puffy over an internet forum. TB and other forums are great resources, and great ways to converse with individuals in other areas. But for me, TB is a free service, if I say something dumb and get banned, that's my own problem. Chances are I won't, but if I do, I'd eventually realize that whatever the mods, or Paul decides to do about it is in the best interest of keeping TB a great resource and a great way to communicate with others...
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it will take a lot more than just saying something dumb to get banned. you have to willingly and willfully be engaged in anti-social behaviour to be banned from the site, and you'd get warned about it a few times before that happened.
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Sporting a wicked mullet can put you with one foot out the door too.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh heh. :D
  9. what about a wicked mullet and a bass of 14 string doomage? :smug:
  10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i belive that ban is automatic ;)
  11. Mike Money